Sunday, February 10, 2013

Authors are never completely satisfied with their work. On rare occasions, however, this dissatisfaction reaches a  level where the author has no choice but to pull a published work from the market. Yesterday, I made the difficult decision to "unpublish" my first  novel, The Neocon Conspiracy. Although I continue to believe it is a good story, the quality of the writing simply does not measure up. In a way, this is a good sign because it means over the years, I have become better at my craft. Thus, I can recognize the flaws in my early works.

Over the next few weeks, I will be working with my editor to evaluate the strengths and weakness of The Neocon Conspiracy. The objective, of course, is to "republish" a work that I can be truly proud of and that readers will enjoy. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment